Thread: Martial Arts
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:18   #147
JohnIll
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluzerosix View Post
Carl Cestari is the man. His thoughts and ideas on unarmed combat are spot on. His Knife Defense Myth is 101% abso -freakin-lutely right on.
It speaks the truth.
I couldn't agree more, I believe there is no such thing as knife defense only knife survival..

Cestari is a very knowledgeable, a very serious man and I enjoyed watching is videos. Its unfortunate a man with his knowledge passed away...

I'm a huge Fan of WW2 combatives, Cestari's linage comes from Nelsons Self defense system and various books written by Fairbairn and Applegate...Mr. Cestari has a predecessor, Clint Sporman.

So far the real deals I've seen in WW2 combat is the Nelson system, Cestari's "gutterfighting", Wolfe's combatives and Urban Combatives by Lee Morrison of the United Kingdom..

Morrison also trained in the Nelson system... I wish I lived closer in NJ to train in Nelson's SD system and or under Clint Sporman...

Anyway, my favorite system is ... Drum roll.... Ape-shitzu

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dj7Po8w0Dl1Y

^ this video is hilarious and a perfect example of the elusive Ape-ShiTZU XD

-Hunter S. Thompson
JohnIll is offline   Reply With Quote