View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 11:19   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMI_Marine
The blog is a joint effort by VMI grads representing all four services, although the Marine Corps has two reps to the other services' one each. Like I told LTC Masters, Pinnacle, SFTT et al set off warning bells in my head months ago, and I finally decided to start fighting the hype.

Interestingly, Dr Roberts is an active member of Lightfighter (DocGKR), so he is aware of the discussion on this board but has yet to respond.
Good to see such an alumni organization get together.

Frankly, I am amazed at the number of otherwise intelligent people who have bought into this Dragon Skin BS. The armor may eventually be a great product, but given its weight, expense, lack of integrity under typical environmental conditions, and inability to stop threat rounds in formal testing, I would put it in the "not yet ready for prime time" category. This is not to mention the scurrilous conduct by the vendor and delivery of fraudently marked, marketed and defective product to military organizations. I hope that Allan Bain quickly comes up with a great new product that saves lives.

GKR is a member of this board as well, but thus far, appears to prefer to let his minions and sycophants do his arguing for him.

Thanks for your feedback.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote