View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 15:11   #73
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino
Why does everybody idolize the Glock? It's the original disposable POS handgun. It's why we have Lorcins/ravens/hi points/tec nines, etc. etc. They're for the ones who can't afford even a Glock (as evidenced by your watch stereotypes Air.177 - which I like and agree with BTW). They're for people who can't master real handguns - as evidenced by the LEO who couldn't get the TS's HK to fire. LMAO!!! (Part of the reason cops love Glocks - no training required! And they still manage to shoot themselves with their own guns at regular intervals. Regular Barnie Fifes.) Loved the female LEO who told us about going to work/range, coming home, dissassembling her Glock - and putting it in the DISHWASHER for Christ's sake. I've since been told by another LEO that that will eventually kill the springs. I want to know - HOW DID HE FIND THAT OUT? OK - Back on my head. Got to get some work done. Peregrino
Please don't paint all LEOs with the same brush! There are many that are accomplished weapons people with backgrounds in most of the Special Operations community. Like most military and para-military career fields, there are those people that do not excel in the weapons area, especially with pistols. I knew people in SF, when weight was a factor that would rather carry more ammo for thier rifle or more H20 then a pistol. (I'm not one of those.)

As far as choice of pistols for LEOs, not to many departments give you a choice, they issues you a pistol that the department has chosen. For whatever reason a large percentage of departments have chosen the Glock in .40 Cal. Perhaps low bid? Yes, and a number of departments like it because it is simple to operate, no levers or switches. Easy to take apart and put back together and has the same trigger pull for each shot.

I have always perferred H&K or Sig's in .45 or .40 Cals. over the Glock. I say this, yet my everyday carry pistol is a Glock Model 27 w/night sights. Why? Mostly, because it is small and easy to conceal, holds 10 rounds and is dependable. (I also carry a 15 Rd mag. when I think I might need more Rds.) I have a great amount of pistols to choose from too!

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Trip_Wire (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote