Thread: Brand New Day
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 16:26   #18
judcargile
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHD View Post
Please please please remove your DL image. This site is, I believe, on US soil. However, your server's location, can't truly be verified. That is the issue.

If you want to discuss this issue, and can do so without violating the regulations that Paragrouper mentioned, if your company offers a secure email program to both send and receive emails, that would be the way to go. Otherwise, you may be violating laws, rules, and regs that Paragrouper mentioned by discussing it here.

I considered the passport, but, that could leave me hanging out there, the DL is pretty vanilla and now that it is even expired, I would not recommend it for ID theft, my state does not require SS# on a DL; But, I am not up on the latest ways to assume a person's identity, so why not error on the side of caution.

Good Guy Letter.pdf

How about that? He can be contacted to vouch for me.

The regulation about transferring tech data to non US citizens without a DS-83, the end user certificate, BXA-711 or whatever the application to export approved by DOS is very real. However, the evidence of my citizenship is easily verifiable.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...ve_tab_profile

I am not clear as to why my being on a non US server would constitute export, it just is not an issue. If you were to disclose X, you are on a US server and have reason to believe that I am a US citizen. The AR platform is NOT in any way shape or form a sensitive item. I have stated that I do not and can not have another company's design. That is just tacky in my opinion. I know that LWRC will not even let an outside person even look inside their open-bolt and that tells me that there is a patent issue, like NO patent.

To cover my six on this, I do not need to spend the $250.00 for an export permit, I just need a letter from DOS that my consultation with a non US company of specific name and place is not in violation concerning item X, but, all of that falls on me. At any rate too many people here that are competitors in the industry have conveniently muddied the water on this issue and now it is a rotten egg. I have already gotten an assist and it is not an issue. My only motivation even since beginning a second thread on the subject was only for establishing credibility.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote