View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 07:39   #14
Toaster
Guerrilla

Salesmanship

JudCargile,

If and when you do design/create the newest and best rifle for our Soldiers to carry, you will have to convince a group of people to do what you want them to do, because they want to do it. I would like to see another rifle design for our military, simply because I'm sure a better one can be made.

You've pissed off and entertained at your expense several people here. When you are selling someone something, the first thing I have in my mind is how can I help them solve their problems? When I place their interests first they are more likely to purchase, because they want to and it benefits them. If you want assistance from the QPs here, you need to convince them it is in their best interests to help you. That's not going to be an easy sell.

I would recommend listening to Zig Ziglar's Sales Mastery Academy, a Dale Carnegie course, Tom Hopkins Sales training CDs, or Brian Tracey CDs on Selling, if you want to help out our Soldiers with a better rifle.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an NCO or Officer who has been taught a technique or method, but doesn't understand the underlying principles or the "why" behind it." -MtnGoat

"How can someone improve their ability to lead? Die to self.

The most rewarding thing a leader will receive is having someone place their life in your hands and say, I will follow you." -SGT Gary Beikirch
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote