View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09   #4
judcargile
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NCO View Post
From a builder’s (non-QP) perspective:

“When Surefire brought the 60 round mags to the table…..” ?

From my understanding the reputation of the Surefire Mags in a dusty or combat environment is terrible. I have not met anyone that takes the Mags seriously other than a novelty. I have also personally witnessed on separate occasions the 60 Round Surefire Mag blow apart out the top of the Mag at public ranges. Maybe Surefire has fixed the issues, but I have not seen one that works properly yet without high maintenance and lubes. At least not in long term functionality. (YMMV)

“I have some ideas somewhat developed as to how to keep the bolt to the rear when in full auto mode, but, if there is anyone out there who has first hand experience on the pros and cons of this design or can save me….”

This would indicate to me that you are not ready to take on this project.(My opinion) It is very vague in that it seems like you do not understand why you would want to make this weapon system. It is also confusing because you state that LWRC has perfected the design. Are you attempting something different? I know that your company is a dealer in LWRC, are you creating a new brand? It reads to me, like you are fishing for marketing statistics and customers again.

If you are serious, can you please indicate that you have any technical knowledge on how the operation of the bolt and fire control group would work together and why you think the operation would be more beneficial to today’s soldiers on the current and future battle front? There are some great papers in the “Small Arms Review” databases and “Small arms of the World” get into some pretty indepth discussions of the variations. The pros and cons are very well documented.
Well, you are making a lot of assumptions and contributing nothing to the post that I have here. Luckily for me, nothing of what I have before me will require that I impress you and I would appreciate it very much if you remove yourself from this discussion, actually I going to insist you do.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote