View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 23:33   #49
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
I was young also 20 but we trained on OKI and did get three jumps in Taiwan. Did you get a chance to go to Pato's mountian.

I have probably about stopped loading the 30-06 for 1600 meters. I've got a super nice load for 1300 meters that also builds a ragged hole at 100. They shot so well at 100 meters that I put 15 rounds 14 in same hole and one touching the hole. I believe I'll keep this recepe, it doesn't even recoil much. Am using IMR 4065 and it's really smooth. also the 240 gr Sierra HTBT carries .711 BC. I also shoot an 1874 Sharps repo in 45-110. I need to be more consistent loading the black powder.

While you were on Oki did you get a chance to work at Camp Hardy? I was there during the "matsuda boys" days. Blitz I have been seriously considering a 338 Lap. What do you shoot at with? BLITZ
sorry i just saw you said SAKO blitz
I was 25 when I went through Taiwan's Rough Terrain School and I did not get to jump on Oki rough terrain due to TDYs. Not sure that was a bad thing as I have listened to t he tales of long humps up the mountain to get to the road.

That 45-110 Sharps will give you wallop when you shoot it if you are not hanging on.

Worked Camp Hardy for only a 90 day period. Was up there numerous times for either Sage Warrior or demo training or some other in the CTA and NTA.

It was definitely fun times though.

Merlyn, I was there the same time period as was Blitzzz

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote