View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 14:41   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Fran:

There is a requirement that you have a certain retainability after completing the SFQC. Basically, we are not going to spend what it costs to send a guy through the SFQC to have him leave AD within a year or two. With less than a couple of years left at the end of the SFQC (IF you make it), it isn't going to happen.

Frankly, to consider going to the SFQC with only six months of service obligation remaining after a due course graduation (even if you could) and leaving for med school makes me question your dedication to SF. SF is not a stepping stone to bigger and better things, it is a way of life that requires dedication that you clearly lack.

It ain't about you. It is about the team. Given what you are considering, I recommend that you stay in your current CMF and ETS IAW your current separation date on your way to Med School. We wouldn't want to get in the way of your subsequent careers. Leave SF to those who want to be on an ODA as long as they can.

SGM R-

I recommend that you tell these kids that if they are coming to the SFQC to check a block and collect the tab on their way out, that they kindly not waste our time and just stay where they are till they ETS.

Some people are clearly coming here for all the wrong reasons.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote