Thread: Horus Scopes
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48   #2
koz
Quiet Professional

I have some time behind them. I do like the reticle, but it does take a little getting used to. I was fortunate enough to use them in a S&B. A lot of people don't think Horus scopes have good glass and they only have a one year warranty. I think you'll find more people that like the reticle but don't like the tubes, glass or the company.

I did just buy a Horus Blackbird with the H58 reticle with is far less busy than the H25 or H37 and I think it's a good scope for an AR (5.56 or 308) platform. All Horus scopes are FFP but not all have adjustable parallax.

Interesting little tidbit - Todd Hodnett had several people look thru a variety of scopes (without them knowing what they were) and rate the glass. S&B and Hensoldt were tops (of course these were both over $4K - the S&B is right at $4K with the Horus reticle), Leupold, Horus, and Nightforce were considered middle ground, USO was liked the least. But there are some people who really like the USO and think Leupold and Horus are crap glass.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote