View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 18:43   #43
Zorro
Quiet Professional

if you have the option take Airborne school as a cadet over all other training, including Robin Sage G time. Going to ABN as a cadet will allow you to go to IOBC and straight to Ranger instead of waiting for ABN then RGR. The Robin Sage Guerrilla thing won't really help you IMHO as a BTDT guy. My G's turned out to be the support guys from the BN I ended up going to in GRP.

Bottom Line... Do Airborne. It's a pre-req. Air Assault is just another badge. Yes I went but it was as a cadet when I didn't really have anything else to do.

Your focus should be: 1. Graduate and get your commission (doing well at Lewis won't really matter in the long run). 2. Get Airborne as a cadet so you don't spend more time at Benning going to schools when you could be at your Unit gaining knowledge and experience. And 3. Focus on being a good platoon leader in your current unit because those are the troopers you will deploy with 1-2 times before you get a chance to go to SFAS.

If you worry about those things everything else will fall into place (with a little extra effort on your part.)