View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:21   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
He was the Senior Instructor at SFMS when I went through. Was he in another position? Or was that job crap? Obviously, there are much cooler jobs. Just curious as I was lucky to never have served a day in SWTG.

I remember that just prior to finishing that job and heading to 5th, he had an operation on the tendons in his ankle and was healing from that. I had asked him about the operation because I have bad ankles and was considering it myself. He told me that his "bad" ankle was now better that his "good" ankle.

He always was such a helpful person. I never saw him angry or with a bad attitude (as I saw with a few of my instructors). Always mentoring. He was my patient at "Med Board"! I will never forget RMSF!!!!! I still see his face roaming those halls. My memories of him are distinct. I had a lot of respect for him, without really knowing him.

My first TS was MSG Jeff Davis, not him but another. We were at Camp Lejune at the chow hall when we saw the news of his death and we were all in shock! My TS told us that they had been to service schools together and were often confused with each other, by others.

Just wanted to jot down some of my memories of him.
Normally you ask the question first, get the answer, then go on a rant....Later he got stuck with the EO job......
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote