View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52   #6
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoresteen
Ah!!!! Marker! Thanks LK! There was always a debate on 123 as to which bindings we should buy. Stew wanted one brand, Tiny another, I was just happy not getting killed on the downhill runs!
Tiny was gone when the decision was made...hell, you were the S4 then, IIRC...Battalion went with the Vinersa as the replacement to the Marker system as they were more adaptable for conversion to a rescue sled...when used with the Vinersa avalanche rescue shovel (one of which i still have), it was a turn-key solution...the fact that the bindings were...less than perfect didn't seem to matter much to the folks who made the decision...Jerry and i tended to like the Silveretta as a replacment as they were simpler to fix and operate...

anything was better than Marker's more-downhill-than-touring approach...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote