View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 12:39   #5
Trip_Wire (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
I am in Seattle on business from time to time and wondered how realistic it would be to drive down there from Seattle at close of business for a link-up, then return the same evening or early the next morning. Looks like about an hour's drive, but is it really? In traffic?
RL, rush hour traffic on I-5 is a bitch! It will take you almost one hour to get halfway at that time of night!

Also, the Ft. Lewis "Clubs" suck in IMHO! So, what were you thinking about doing there? The 1st SFG(A) has a nice dinning facility, but by the time you get there it will most likely be closed. If somebody living on post, would set-up a link at his quarters the trip might be worthwhile; however, with the deployments, etc. this might be difficult too.

Perhaps, it would be better to meet either almost halfway, (SeaTac Airport area) with those living in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I live in the Federal Way area which is halfway between the two cities.

Where do you normally stay when you over night in Seattle? I know that my wife and I would like to meet you and have a couple of drinks, etc. if we were free.

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
Trip_Wire (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote