View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13   #14
JCJ
Quiet Professional

SCAR

I am late on this post for sure however what was written in 2010 was almost spot on i.e. "2 for each team".

We were given 2 of them in the 17 but because I am an M4 lover, I pushed them aside. But as time went on I got bored and gave them a try. I took one to our range in daylight and zeroed it shot well with or without the suppressor however that "ring" it gives off is like a harmonic tone and from what I was told maybe what is causing the damage to any optics and/ or LA-5 that you might attach.

That being said for night ops with what we had available in optics and lasers they were useless so we carried the trusty M4 at night. Our location changed and we found that with the stock folded they became more useful to us at a later time.

Both came with a long and short barrel and were easy to swap out in a controlled environment with the tool kit however it required you to swap out your mag pouches of course and limited you on amount carried.

Overall not a bad concept and seems a solid platform but still its just to soon to tell, for me anyway.

Drake Sabitch: I'm not far from dragging you out of the car and beating you to dust.
Steve Dodds: You should work up to that, kinda leaves you nowhere to go.

-Blacksheep-
JCJ is offline   Reply With Quote