View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 17:23   #60
18Z
Quiet Professional

SCAR update

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents,

First off I'm just going to put down what I know as fact from experience with this weapon MK-17 (7.62 variant) My team has 12 SCAR Heavy's, I don't let my team use anything but them, because of the previously mentioned differences in the M4. I agree it was completely foreign feeling in my hands and it actually took about five and a half months before it seemed as familiar as my M4 once had. Me being a knuckle dragger from the CIF and all. I am very familiar with the m4, I remember when we broke them out of the boxes guys had similar complaints then as with the Barrettes; So my intent was to just jump in with both feet 100% committed to test this weapon. I agree the weapon is not perfect it is to loud, gets really hot, and the bolt took a little getting used to. We have shot these guns all day long at flat ranges, as a matter of fact we had shot several thousand rounds through these guns without cleaning them and have not had one single weapons malfunction. The suppressors are junk they need to be thrown out who really cares about silencing it if i'm shooting a 4 foot fireball......I use the Standard barrel on mine the rest of the team all uses the CQB(shorter) barrel none of us has tried the long barrel yet as where we are located in Iraq currently we can't shoot past 100 meters. the sling attaching point needs to be re worked But I can Say and this is my opinion all 21 years of it...THIS GUN WILL SAVE LIVES...If I, a person who has spent most of his career in the CIF can learn to use and appreciate the SCAR anyone can. Just keep and open mind and look at the tests....TTPs change all the time that is what we do, we adapt and evolve faster than big army that is why we are the tip of the spear.
18Z is offline   Reply With Quote