View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 20:15   #52
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
That's it for me!!!!! I'll be changing banks ASAP! Please spread this around to all weapons and military websites!

Bank of America Tells McMillan Firearms
to Find Another Banker

Apparently it is not good enough that McMillan builds products used by our troops to safeguard our freedoms.

Apparently Bank of America is no longer willing to provide banking services to McMillan Group Int'l, LLC (McMillan), a leading maker of gunstocks and an important supplier of stocks, rifles, and other hardware to our U.S. Armed Forces.
Here's what went down. In the course of an "account analysis", a Senior VP of Bank of America (BofA) confirmed that BofA wished to cease doing business with McMillan because the Arizona-based company now builds rifles, not just stocks and accessories. The details of the fall-out between BofA and McMillan were outlined April 19 in a post by Kelly McMillan on McMillan's Facebook page.

HERE is the Text of McMillan's Announcement Regarding Bank of America:
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray F., Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business."
"That is correct" he says.

I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"
"You have to do what you must" he said.
"So you are telling me this is a politically-motivated decision, is that right?"
Mr. F. confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is import[ant] for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
McMillanUSA.com
Last name of Bank of America VP redacted at request of McMillan.
PSSST! Hey, Boss! You are WAY behind the power curve. I switched away from BANK OF AMERIKA years ago!

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote