View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 15:58   #48
BOfH
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've had BOA checking account and credit card for years (since they took over Nations Bank) and have never had a single problem. They caught two fraudulent attempts to use my account and notified me immediately. I keep them because of convenience both at home and while traveling. Our main checking, savings, and credit card accounts are at a CU and SunTrust.

I have/had numerous accounts with Chase for over 40 years, both business and personal. Their computers (programing/hardware) were the most archaic of any bank I have ever done business with. It they hadn't been taken over by a smaller bank (can't think of the name) you would not see the name Chase on any bank today. My sister retired from JP Morgan Chase 8-10 years ago. Chase Credit Cards are the worst I have ever had. Try filling up two cars up at a gas station at the same time and see what happens!

QP WCH,
Chase's anti-fraud system is a bit sensitive(to say the least), and can be a annoying at times. Given my line of work(Information Security), I appreciate it though: case in point, they caught a series of small iTunes charges on my card which I unfortunately didn't even notice. I can't speak to their systems as I don't know anything about their infrastructure, I can say their online banking is quite solid IMHO. So far my wife and I have only had good experiences with their credit cards, though their rewards programs have been getting worse(they canned the Freedom Plus cash back bonus about a year ago ). I started out with Picatinny FCU, which is a great bank, but with limited locations, there wasn't much in convenience when I moved out of the area. One thing I can say for sure, as far as banks go, YMMV; almost everyone I know has had different experiences.

My .002