View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 13:05   #3
Chucko
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
or rather seronegative rheumatoid arthritis ( impression is chronic inflammatory oligoarthritis). Negative anti CCP, negative ANA, negative RF., but 38 ESR and over 40 CRP. Swollen, tender wrists for a week. Can't even pick up pillow from ground.

Anyone ever deal with a patient diagnosed or such or yourself?
Is it as "done deal" as regular rheumatoid arthritis?
Currently on diflofenac (NSAIDS), prednisolone (steroid), metotrexate (DMARDS).

When one goes from being able to hold .45 match load in one hand slinging 5 rounds to 2 inches group at 25 in less than 10 sec to having to ask someone to open a juice bottle, one either loses mind or grows humble Come to think of it, I've had "flare up" since back in active duty, but less than 24 hours and resolved with NSAIDS and rest. Army diagnosed only as tenosynovitis. This time it was over a week and NSAIDS/splinting didnt do anything...I had to rotate ice and hot water to make the pain subside !
Frostfire, I real feel for you. My father had a good dose of rheumatoid arthritis when he was in his late 20s and pained him for many years. He was generally a very positive guy but that disease constantly did a number on him. Hopefully drugs are better now to alleviate the pain associated with that.