View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 12:03   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I think one of these is plagiarized??

Is this the work of Brian Williams or Dan Rather??

Quote:

Hey Guess What Killing Bugs With Fire Is Still a Bad Idea

Whenever I post a beautiful photo of a spider or insect, the first comment is usually “Kill it with Fire!” As I first explained in 2013, that’s a terrible idea. Yet humans continue to reach new, creative heights of idiocy in their attempts to apply cleansing fire to problems that don’t require incineration in the first place.

The Darwin Awards exist for just this level of stupidity, although one only “wins” that award by dying. Fatalities are thankfully rare in the category of Incompetent Pest Control, but the amount of butt-headedness is remarkable. I hereby propose a new award: The Exothermic Entomology Award, for exceptionally bad judgement in killing invertebrates with fire.

The EE Award criteria are similar to those of the Darwin Awards, with the exception that those receiving the award should survive to, in theory, learn from their mistakes:

Excellence: The candidate must show an astounding lack of judgement.
Maturity: The candidate must be capable of sound judgment (but not actually use it).
Veracity: The event must be verified as real.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/exother...-it-with-fire/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fire.jpg (76.8 KB, 5 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote