View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 14:47   #9
Longstreet
Guerrilla

Jayson here and thanks again for more suggestions. To clarify, I am only doing this as my workout - which was designed by the army - has me going on ruck marches with FFO - including a weapon. I should have used pink font the weapon accessories I had mention I thought about using as I have no intention of ever doing anything like that. I just wanted to know if it would be a good idea to simulate carrying a weapon when rucking in public. A white PVC tube with a handle and weighted with sand is all I plan on using. While I like the yellow tool bar idea, I think walking around my neighborhood with a massive chunk of steel would be more threatening.

On a side note, this simulated weapon might be a better idea than I thought and get even more use than just rucking with. Last night at parade, we learned how to fire from moving vehicles. When going over rifle drills using a C7, my shoulder started to hurt when holding my weapon out. I was embarrassed when I realized that I am in much worse shape than I thought. So I am now looking for additional exercises I can also do at home to help prevent this problem.

Thanks once again for everyone's help.

jaYson
I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.
--Haim Ginott--
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote