View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 07:43   #11
NC6J
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornepunk View Post
Good morning, Gentlemen
My question is that as a 35P MI support soldier in a NGSF Group can I get an 11B secondary MOS and go to 11B AIT/OSUT?
Short answer: no.
I cannot say how active component controls training seats today, but I can tell you that in the Guard, NGB will not approve an ATRRS application unless it for an MOS, ASI or SQI listed on the paragraph/line that you occupy on the UMR.

If it's not required for your duty position or NCOES, it will not be approved, because NGB doesn't even get enough money to get itself 100% MOSQ'ed in any given year.

Your profile says you are currently in the Legion, if your plan is to transition to NGSF, you will find that you are better off in your MOS than guys who learned it in the Guard. You have had the opportunity to cross-train with active duty teams, and you will have the opportunity to cross-train with NGSF ODAs. That is more applicable to what you do than anything you would learn in 2 weeks or 13 weeks of 11B.

And what Lindy said.