View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 15:48   #19
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I met a few US Army fellas a few years back(including one former Ranger REGT/SF 18D) who are MDs/PAs now(both in private practice and still part time in Gang Green).

They had some really neat stuff to say about proactive/assertive self-care and health-care(they focused on helping people to live healthier rather than reacting to illness often stemming from poor lifestyle choices).

They also were moving into the Stem Cell space. That sounded really cool, but quickly went over my head.

In short, there seems to be a lot of cool stuff going on out there, but I've noticed two things:

1)Finding the wheat from the chaff can be a challenge, thankfully there's some pre-vetting that helps narrow down the research

2)Like SF stuff, healthcare and selfcare seems to be all about the fundamentals. And the fundamentals don't seem to change radically, just refine a bit over time.

Not to sound morbid or Frankenstein-y, but I'm hoping DARPA or some other big brain outfit has DNA samples of folks like Col Bank and other positive outlier human beings to see what we can learn from it.

Those US fellas I met were not only a great bunch of fellas to have a few beers with, but left me thinking the potential for human performance has only been scratched.

Hopefully it helps stem(cell) the tide of idiocracy someday.

All I know is I hope the weird green smoothies my better half has me drinking daily actually work and aren't a joke at my daily expense......a microbrew breakfast beer would certainly taste better.
Leafy green stuff works.
My Cope was green at one time...