View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 07:10   #17
booker
Guerrilla

Some thoughts from designing my home gym that I will open up to some folks as well:

Get an Airdyne (or Assault Bike), Concept2 rower or Concept2 skierg. Those are the best bang for your buck for cardio that can run the gamut from endurance work to hard intervals. Register online for the concept2 stuff and work your way through the world rankings (this adds competition to the mix, which keeps things more interesting).

A decent bar (20KG from rogue is a good one fore the price) and some decent bumpers are a must. I have a nice spreadsheet with a list of items for my gym I can send you, I will be able to outfit with a bar, 550 lbs of bumpers, an outdoor rig, sled, 2x medicine balls (20# and 14#), climbing ropes, a full set of KBs from 8kg to 32kg, and one of those big ass timers that mount on the wall. Total cost is just shy of $5k, but if you already have the outside stuff, the cost will be much less. Stay away from machines, particularly cable machines, they lose their luster pretty quick and become clothes rack before you know it.