View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 16:06   #42
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

1. Yes
2. Yes - My dad always regretted not making it to Eagle, so I was so glad I made it to Eagle Scout 2 days before he crossed over. After he died, I went to work to help the family, so I got out of BSA, but I never would have been ready for that responsibility as a 14 year old.
3. Independent thinking, quest for learning, adapt and improvise were all skills that I learned and have used almost everyday of my life since.
4. Going through Scouts with my dad and spending time with him and wanting to follow in his footsteps helped guide me toward the military. When Chris was young, the Scouts were not "cool", so we did the things together that I learned from my dad and Scouting, and it made a significant difference in BOTH our lives!
5. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's replies to this thread!!! It has not surprised me a bit to see so many warriors learned some of their trade initially in Scouting!!! Would be a very interesting study to look at QP's over time and their relationship to Scouting.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!!!

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote