View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:50   #38
civil
Asset

1. Were you ever in the Boy Scouts
Started in cubs and moved up the ranks

2. Did you obtain Eagle or what was your highest rank.
Yes I obtained Eagle at 17 and held almost all roles at one time in my troop, all leadership positions were elected in our troop and I held them all (except assistant scout master)

3. How did your Scout training help you in your military life or your Civilian life.
I am not currently serving yet I think it helps me every day. From the skills I developed in communication, leadership and morals they are all called upon daily.

4. Did your Scout training guide you toward your decision to go SF.
Hmm that's an interesting one, the scouts showed me how much I enjoy the outdoors, adventure and helping others and a real feeling of team spirit. So I think that although not consciously yes scouts did influence my decision.

5.... Any other comments about Scouts and the Military.
From the contacts I still have that are involved it has become very political and they are not allowed to do nearly the fun stuff we did (blowing up dead trees with tons of bottle rockets and fire crackers). A lot of the skills are still taught, yet I get the feeling that a lot was lost with all the political correctness crap they now have to do, and the council is supposedly overbearing on the troops.
civil is offline   Reply With Quote