View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 11:38   #56
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Dean, thanks for the back story on Pappy. I wished I had served on his team, I always thought he was a true Warrior and had immense respect for him.

I see where he was on RT Ohio. Franz Shoaf (also on this Board) was at CCC about that time frame (RT Nebraska I believe). He probably knew him.

I have been in contact with CMDR (USN Ret) Joe Procopio. He has been working with a sizable contingent of our Khmer brothers to get them recognition for the service they provided during the war. There is going to be a ceremony at Arlington to recognize them along with the Hmong and Montagnyards. I also have been in contact with GEN Tan Thach and will be seeing him at Arlington.

If you are interested, I will send you the particulars about this event. I am hoping to see Kim Simone there. Don't know if she will make it, but I'd love to see her and learn how she is doing. Who knows maybe some of the Khmer I knew will be there too.

I really understand how Pappy must have felt at that reunion. They really are lovely people and not a day goes by that I don't miss them or think about them.