View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 10:22   #49
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

I am sorry to hear this news. IIRC, Tedrick mentioned his name once or twice to me. RIP Brother.

Dean, I think that must have been Apr '72 not '71?

On another note, from what Tedrick told me and what you guys have posted here, it seems that there was a lot more enemy activity in the AO around the time of the Easter Offensive.

In November - December prior, we were operating north of Phuoc Tuy and there were some mountains near the coast. I had taken my Company to the south end of a valley for our RON. The recon platoon and I set up an OP that had a clear view of the coast line. We observed activity from fishing boats that night and guys unloading and moving material towards the mountains. The battalion base camp was set up on the north end of the valley. I took the recon platoon into the eastern most mountain and was followed by the remainder of the company. We were in mortar range of the BN for fire support if needed. Never made contact, but we did find a network of caves heavy tracks and hemp fibers left behind from a rope tied around a tree. This was reported in an AAR back to MAJ Lane.

So here's my question. Do any of you know if that was a supply depot used during the Easter Offensive? That's what I thought we found and was reported as such in the AAR. I just wonder if that boob Lane ever acted on the intel or just ignored it and went to the bar for a drink?

Last edited by Trapper John; 09-18-2014 at 10:27.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote