Thread: socks
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 17:46   #21
jctroxell
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
im used to either army green wool, thorlo or white athletic socksfor wear with military boots. After last weekend I decided I need something new.
Any suggestions for a warm weather ankle sock for wear with light weight low hike shoes, mainly town wear. Im looking for a good combination of cool, wicking and cushion
I looked at the under armor and 5:11 just want some info from someone that has used something like these.
help?
I've sworn by these:

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Under-Armo...P3708C231.aspx

For a little over 4 years now. Granted, the toughest "ruck marching" or "field time" I've been through was during the leadership course while I was in ROTC and our field time at BOLC. Nevertheless, these socks dried out very quickly and stayed stench (read bacteria) free for approximately 3-4 days at a time.

Once again, I can't say how they would hold under tougher circumstances, but I always looked for good socks that would keep my feet dry and that could be worn for longer periods of time if needed (thus lightening my load).

I am curious if anyone has ever tested these particular socks in rougher conditions for longer periods of time. Is my small sample of time with them accurate or just lucky?

I am looking to be putting my feet and body through much, much more rigorous events than the ones I have been through and good socks would definitely help.
jctroxell is offline   Reply With Quote