View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:10   #23
The_Mentalist
Guerrilla

Quote:
[The MRFF claimed Lt. Col. Reyes violated military regulation AFI 1-1, section 2.11 which requires 'Leaders at all levels must...avoid the actual or apparent use of their position to promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates...'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2aKisMxxU
Ok, as far as I know, all of the Chaplains subordinates are in the chaplains corps and I doubt that ANY of them would take offense to this. As far as it being on a website, I do believe that one clicks on any page voluntarily and as such is NOT forced to read any article. So, where is the force.

As to the individuals in the academy, I will stand against any one forcing their beliefs on me no matter what those beliefs are. I honestly think these guys were being pushy about their religion and got some push back. Every one has a right to their beliefs, whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist or any thing else. They even have a right to evangelize. However, if I tell them I am not interested and they continue, THEN it is a violation of my rights and you may not like what I have to say on return.

Sundays in church in basic.... As much as not forcing religion on you, the .gov can not deny your religious beliefs and practices. So, Sunday passes for church are not to force you into religion but to comply with with the constitution in not "restricting the free exercise thereof". So, if you are stuck policing the barracks, that is your choice. Don't pick and choose what part of religion you want to follow. Sunday being a day of rest is a judeao Christian principle having to do with genesis. If you absolutely decry faith in God, then you also decry Sunday off.
The_Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote