View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 13:24   #5
FuriousGeorge
Asset

Ic2d,
Thanks for the reply & the info!

I wasn’t aware of the requirement to re-attend basic training. I talked to a recruiter whom I’m friends with, she looked at my paperwork and determined that I would, indeed need to go to the 6 weeks of basic again.

That being said, it doesn’t faze me, I’ll go. Furthermore, my family is on board. My wife was all in when we discussed the length of time training would take in order to be selected, graduate other required training, and become a contributing member of a team. We have a pretty strong relationship.

I’m coming out of New York, so there’s no SF unit here, but there is one in Mass. In NY there are a bunch of 11B20 slots available. I could enlist into one of those for the time being until I can attend an SFRE and get picked up.

I’d go the route you advised of just enlisting straight into an SF group, but I need to retake the ASVAB. (Last time I took it was in 2000-2001 and admittedly when I was younger, I probably didn’t take it seriously.) I’ve taken a bunch of practice tests and am confident of both my GT, and CO scores I get.

I agree with you 100% about making the decision. At this point I put to rest any “what ifs” My only question in my mind is how much I would regret not doing this and not giving it everything I have.

Thanks for the insight and help, I appreciate it !

Last edited by FuriousGeorge; 01-15-2018 at 13:36.
FuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote