View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 22:26   #92
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACSI72 View Post
Graduated SF training (91b4s, medic) April 1971, and then assigned to the 7th until I went to Vietnam December 1971.

I was the last SF medic at a CCS launch site (TF3AE) which closed in March 1972.

Then FANK, I was a SF medic at Long Hai from April to November 1972. I was assigned to Cambodian battalions and also went to Phu Bai on a mobile training team to retrain the 3rd ARVN division.

Names of some medics I remember are Scotty, Wind, Yanowski, Chamizo, Dixon. Captain Wilbur Stokes was one of my commanders of a training battalion. Major Reed was the doctor at Long Hai and Ban Me Thout (CCS)

Left the military after my 3 year enlistment. College, married, divorced, etc., Living in Thailand for 1/2 of the year, over the winter months. Have a house there and a steady girl. Then I travel in the USA for 1/2 of the year. I attend the Special Forces conventions and the Special Operations Association Reunions.Be glad to get in touch with my comrades.
I was there at that time. Do you remember a medic that stuttered really bad. I think his name was Spears. Just before I returned back to the world in April 72 he was in the bush with a Captain that had served his time working in supplies and wanted to go to the bush. He got his wish. He was walking behind a bode that tripped an AP mine that killed the bode and blew the Captains legs off. Spears was working on him and the dustoff pilot wouldn't land because the LZ was unsecured. Spears with his stuttering told the pilot to land or he was going to hunt him down and kill him.

Last edited by Dean Jarvis; 01-09-2018 at 22:30.
Dean Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote