Thread: CRKT IgnitorT
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43   #6
Barbarian
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
I took it out today and tried cutting through seat belts. Went through 4 sets without hardly any effort. The serrations are a bit larger and the valleys between are bigger than most of the knifes I have had. This seamed to let it dig in better as I cut. I stabbed a couple of old Under Cover vest and it went in fine.

The edge has held up fine also after my 2 hr hacking and slashing antics.

I really like the locking mechanism. Very strong and I do not think it will let go and have the blade cut you hand.

Handle is comfortable and does not weigh much. Fits in the pocket and does not flop around like a few other ones I have.
So far I like it......
That's very interesting, about the wider gullets in the serrations, helping the knife bite the material better....... Makes sense though. I've been wanting to try those Veff serrations for a while. I haven't seen any others like them.

The locking mechanism looks pretty ingenious. Very intuitive for quick deployment.

Thanks for taking the time to go over the details. You answered all the questions I had, and I appreciate your professional insight.

Quote:
I have carried one of the CRKT M16-01T for maybe 6 yrs. It is small and light, AUS 8 & Titanium. It is primarily a light duty alternative to my Harsey D2, 2.4 oz vs 4.1oz.

CRKT makes a good product in a moderate price range.
I've often admired Mr. Carson's M16 and M21 designs. I haven't had any experience with CRKT's products, but I can see I've been missing out.

Last edited by Barbarian; 06-19-2013 at 14:25.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote