View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 16:02   #1
Santi
Asset

NG and business owner

Good Afternoon,

For some time now I have looked for threads and posts pertaining to my question to no avail. I then registered to use the search function but still no luck. My question concerns the specific challenges of owning and managing a family business (facility management, commercial cleaning, construction) and serving in the National Guard Special Forces. The posts I found involved civil service occupations (Police/Fire).

I am aware of the initial SF training pipeline of 2 1/2 years that would place me on active duty and halt any civilian responsibilities. I spoke with my father and he suggested that I invest more time in the business first, as I've recently graduated, and then consider serving. Therefore, he is very supportive and I accept his advise. My main concern is wether its possible to run a business with the reality of deploying for over a year, in addition to the extra training demands of a SF Team down the line. All this is assuming I pass SFAS and complete the Q. With time I will take on more responsibilities in the business, especially after my father retires, but I also have an intense desire in my heart to serve in the military, and after extensive research, with a Special Forces Team.

I wasn't sure if I should ask or contact the NG SF 20th Group first here in Chicago. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Any input would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,
Santi
Santi is offline   Reply With Quote