Thread: The Legion
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 06:51   #35
glebo
Quiet Professional

The "Legion", how suiting. I was in 5th twice, from 82-87 then 96-99.

Now granted I was in two different roles, the first as a JR/SR commo, then the second as a TM SGT.

The first stint was at Bragg, grew up with some great folks, had a good time. The second of course was at Campbell (love the post BTW) as a TSGT.

It was very obvious that it was highly "regimentalized" with alot of 5th group only leadership. I could swear I was in RGR BN, that's all they knew.

I tried to inject some...."gasp" small unit JCETS, TM training, but they turned out to be company clusterfucks.

I wish the leadership (Co/Bn level SGM etc) had experienced life "outside" of the 5th. SF is a great thing, when ya get it smaller than company level....gee what a concept.

Attending TM SGT mtg's with the Co SGM and he wants to make all the tm rooms the same ie, all tm lockers stocked and locked, so if a guy goes from one tm to another, he could "find" something???????

Also, all LBV/LBE set up the same so everyone knows where everyones stuff is?????

C'mon, guys, we could handle that ourselves with our TM SOP.....

Frustrating to say the least.

I will hold 5th near and dear, since it was my first SF assignment, but boy.....has it changed.

Not all bad, I'm not downplaying them, they're doing what it takes to whack bad guys, so....carry on "legion"