Thread: Bug Out Bags
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 17:34   #53
Nightfall
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
Nightfall, some things you might want to consider is breaking your Bug Out Bag into smaller individual elements (tool kit, first aid, emergency food stuff, etc). This can allow you to reduce spoliage or destruction of some things whilst stored in your car (the Misissippi delta can be rather warm...an ambient temperature of 90 degrees climbs to 140 degrees in 40 minutes in a closed car). Seperation of related items can also allow you to make updates to the configuration to fit the evolving situation.
It is all seperated into smaller bags (to quote a friend, "I've never seen anyone with so many little black bags. Look ANOTHER ONE!"). That was just my off the top of my head list of what I have in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
IMO, the biggest consideration in survival is situational awareness. This can be defined broadly as being aware of the weather headed your way, to being aware of how ready you and your family are to strike out from the home place and live on the trail, to the character revealed in those you love that living on the trail can present. Be patient and calculating in your decisions. Whether you shelter in place or evacuate, the decision may very soon be irreversible. The home place is a known, the trail may not be. Remember you will survive as well as your weakest person.

Amen.
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote