View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 15:20   #14
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post
Richard

I don't know as much as you but honestly i don't see s problem with it. One of my good friend when i was going through the Q, was a German from the KSK. I even took him home one weekend. He was a great guy and i think they are doing amazing things over there.

My only question which maybe you can answer, do you think this has anything to do with Germany getting all of their gold out of the US and back onto German soil?
The debates I've witnessed and read center around 'fairness' (for lack of a better word at the moment) in terms of commitment and sacrifice (proverbial 'blood and treasure' arguments), Germany's past strategic initiatives and attempted hegemonies (the angst remains and predictably stronger among some regions than others), and the dichotomies which occur naturally between its international obligations within NATO/WEU/UN and the Grundgesetz (Fundamental Law or Constitution) for the BRD.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote