Thread: Crye
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49   #48
Para
Quiet Professional

Multicam was initially designed as the Scorpion pattern under the Land Warrior project. Because of this, I would imagine that some of the basis of the rumor starts from here. Will it be an Army uniform? Given the amount of money spent on the ACU. I highly doubt it. The Army has gone so far as to authorize all soldiers to be issued, free of charge, 12 sets of ACU's during the course of the career. Personally, it doesn't matter who many sets they issue, a POS uniform is still a POS uniform that only works in a gravel pit.

There are elements within USSOCOM who have said no to the ACU and switched up. One of the reasons why Crye has a hard time filling commercial orders. Several additional elements have made the request to USASFC and USSOCOM to make the switch and it resides at one of those G/J "insert number here" levels. The final question is will someone sign off on it. I have a set I took to A-stan and they work great. When we got home, we ordered material from Crye and built guille's out of it.
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote