Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 17:43   #10
JYD73
Asset

Greetings

Greetings, my name is Neil, I heard about this site while doing research to help a friend of mine. I am a Veteran, but nothing special and nothing extraordinary. I made an introduction on “introductions IV” but it disappeared. So here I am again! I am researching MACV-SOG and I am very interested in the “Prairie Fire” missions and Hatchet Force operations of mid 1970 to early 1971, as conducted by Command and Control Central. I have been doing research for about one year now and I have discovered a great deal of information, but yet I also know that I have learned very little. I’m mainly here to see if there are MACV-SOG warriors of that time period and if I can learn more than what is in the books and archives. I am interested in the interaction of MACV-SOG and Regular Army at the time, along with the political climate. I am very interested in their posts and would like to listen to what they have to say. The main thing I have found in reading about MACV-SOG is absolute awe of the missions and accomplishments of such a few, and how little information there actually is about these accomplishments and missions. Hat’s off to all you MACV-SOG warriors out there and I hope you don’t mind me reading your posts.

Respectfully
Neil
JYD73 is offline   Reply With Quote