View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 20:07   #3
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
(1) are mustang officers truly looked at as differently as I hear they are, and is their relationships with the Team that much different?

(2) In the SF community, have you encountered many prior enlisted officers, and what is your analysis of them versus the fresh ones from service academies or ROTC?

(3) Do you think the ROTC program is actually producing individuals that can jump into big time roles, or is the millennial mindset and the lax "all-inclusive" standards destining cadets to be perceived as soft compared to whatever it was like "back in the day.

(4) If I do want to end up enlisting post college, would commissioning AFTER doing SF ODA time put me in a better position to remain in SF after commissioning, or is that all up to the needs of the Army?

(5) Should I be worried about going the ROTC route in regards to my ability to perform and lead the best, or is this just a irrational fear that I conjured up myself

Sorry for the essay... any information will help
I can answer most of these from a Q-course Cadre perspective only, I have observed Officers from every commissioning source. I would not judge any one of them to be better then any other IMO.

The person and leadership ability that can be learned by each Officer is unique.

(1) I would not say SF tolerates Mustangs if I am interpreting your definition of doing what ever you want and going against the grain ? Contrary to what you may think we have rules even in SF and we follow them even more so for Officers because that is where the buck stops.

Your relationship with the team is dependent on your relationship with your Team SGT. good,bad or indifferent your destiny is intertwined with his, you wont get very far without cooperation and knowing your role and your job.

(2) Going enlisted will not give you a leg up you will still be at the same lvl of knowledge as the other Officers.

(3) We are still producing Officers that meet the standards. same same as back in the day and letting the ones that don't make the cut move along to different paths.

(4) No, you still would have to go back thru the Q-course doing something you have never done as a enlisted soldier.

(5) Your Human (irrational fear that you conjured up yourself)

"Me"

Last edited by 7624U; 05-04-2018 at 20:29.
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote