Thread: Bugout Loadout
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 16:39   #28
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant View Post
I own a Marlin 45-70, use 300 grain and 405 grain in it for elk, deer and bear. Ammo is heavy, and the drop after 100 yards is quite significant. If I were bugging out, it wouldn't be my first choice. However, your 100 miles is different then mine. I just left Japan, I'm in the Midwest now. Heading to Europe for my next assignment. If the balloon went up tonight, I'm already at my BOL. When I'm in Europe, well, crap.
My choice did seem counterintuitive but I was thinking of a previous black bear encounter I had as well as most of the documented grizzly encounters and they tend to occur in close proximities and I'd rather stop Yogi's attack instead of just pissing him off.

All that being said, with my current location, I'm better off staying right where I'm at and putting out the near/far recognition signal to other QP's looking for a place to hold up. The only threat that would encourage me to move is if the Yellowstone Caldera "Super Volcano" kicked off. :roll eyes: And if that happened, you couldn't move fast enough.

Last edited by TOMAHAWK9521; 04-19-2017 at 16:45.
TOMAHAWK9521 is offline   Reply With Quote