Thread: Home Security
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 19:25   #5
35NCO
Guerrilla

Deter/Defense:

I have thought about this one before from a more out of the box "mad scientist" perspective. What if you took apart a couple of high power microwaves and placed the microwave emitting isolators on old parabolas, something along the line of a one meter direct TV dish. Then used the dishes to surround the property with crossing lanes of fire. The only troubles I could imagine is a good power source with good backup. The power source would need to be heavily defended or self sustaining in case someone realized its weakness.

Finally, making sure there is no rear and side lobe emission from the devices. Or at least keeping the home dwelling away from the high power band.

If you had some wild beasts nearby, or just happen to be under siege by some Wiley " marauders", it would sure keep them back for awhile. I know it sounds like fantasy, but it would really not be all that difficult to do. As far as I know, I would think it would take awhile for someone to really legally care about it...DOE or maybe FCC if it caused jamming issues. Technically though, you could get a license for the system from the FCC. I know people locally that have some pretty powerful radar systems for hobby.

As a disclaimer, I swear I am not some nut case. I have just spent way too much time on shift considering the "spectrum" in my job field.
35NCO is offline   Reply With Quote