Thread: 12 Strong
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 17:00   #17
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

PRB, Joker, JJ - Incredible, I had no idea the Navy was so strict with O, PO, EM segregation! In contrast this reminds me of an incident (circa '73): I was team medic (A535) and we were preparing for pre-deployment to Iran in AZ. I was over at 5th Group HQ for some reason and was walking by some admin 2LT that was also a ring knocker. I heard him tell another O that if he were hurt that he wanted a Dr. not some enlisted medic attending to him. I just looked him square in the eye as I walked by him.

As it turned out he was on the plane where I just happened to be JM on our insertion during the training FTX in AZ. When I landed I did what any JM and good medic would do, I began a head count and a check for injuries rucking back to the RP.

As fate would have it that 2LT was on the ground in pain and as I approached we recognized each other. I knelt down to examine him and determined that he just sprained a knee but didn't say anything. I stood up, looked down at him and said "I'll see if I can find a Doc at the RP. You stay put Sir!" Saluted smartly and headed out.

Don't know if he ever got the message, but I was chuckling.

Last edited by Trapper John; 01-25-2018 at 20:16.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote