View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:08   #28
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Short Round- I do remember you! Damn, this is getting to be old home week around here.

Before I go on in reply, I suggest you post your bio in the Introduction thread before one of the Moderators or Admins catch up to you, and they will. You don't want the FTFSI moniker. Also, get your DD214 etc together and send it to one of the Admins and request vetting as a QP (you too Fat Albert). I'll vouch for you guys. I bet Fat Albert remembers you too.

Now to your post. Of course I remember Kim Simon. I have a pic somewhere with her and our team in front of the team house. If you can find an address or email or phone number I'd love to get in touch with her again. Send that to me in a PM if you have the info.

I am shocked and saddened with news about CPT Larry Cano (RIP Brother).

The picture I posted in post #5 you will recognize some of those mugs. Pappy Webb is on the back row, right. Mike Chappel sent me that pic, you may remember him too (pic attached).

I recall the incident with you outside the wire. I just remember another long night on the perimeter wall. Not sure what the kerfuffle was with the RF/PF outpost, but I think Pappy was involved. Enemy activity in area was on the uptick about that time and the incident I described was a few weeks or maybe a month or two later. I think that was the same one that Fat Albert was referencing where they got ambushed. The one I was referring was about 5K from Phuc Tuoy.

Did you meet Maggie and George Peppard when they came to camp? I think it was around Thanksgiving. I was taking my 'bodes out that night for extra security. She came by especially to see us and thank me with a big hug. I'll never forget that - one helluva a great lady (RIP Maggie)!

Welcome aboard Brother!

And don't forget that Introduction post!!
TJ,
Please make commo, preferably voice or Face to Face, with these 2 Folks and Verify that they are who they claim!!

Dean,
I moved your 214 to an area that can only be observed by QPs, PerSec!!

Later
Martin