View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19   #20
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Trapper, this is Short Round. I was on team A-363 between Aug. 71 to April 72. We shared the south compound with your team. Not sure if you remember me. I recall your team came back from the bush once with a baby deer. I don't think it lived long.

I had my company out on our training range one night for a practice RON prior to going to the bush. We saw some gooks coming down the mountian with flashlights (if you can belive that!). We fired off the few 60mm mortar rounds we had then I called in the 4 duece mortar from camp. I had just bracketed these bad boys when all hell broke loose on the outpost. So they shifted fire to support the outpost and my gooks got away. I was under the understanding that my team seargant Pappy Webb had shot up the outpost all by himself. He hated ARVN'S. Was this the same outpost attack you're referring to?

Do you remember Kim? She was a Cambodian that I believe helped you with sick call. She married a Marine and is living in Illinois. She called me many many moons ago to let me know where she landed and told me that your old team leader had killed himself. Can't remember his name.

Anyway, I just hooked up on this website this week after I came across it and saw you were still alive and kicking.

Last edited by Dean Jarvis; 07-09-2019 at 05:15.
Dean Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote