View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 16:29   #2
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Thanks Doc.

I read most of your post then watched the vid; before I saw your take on it, I was thinking....WTF?

On an 18D perspective (and I know others will have different opinions on this) I was taught that you can bleed out about 50% of your blood volume into the interstitial cavities, etc with a closed femoral artery wound. I don't think their "video man" has to worry about the real world, but in my world the only thing that stops a bleeder like that is a tourniquet.

Loss of blood on the battlefield can't be replaced and remember all you new 18Ds getting ready to go into harms way. That MEDEVAC that they say is 30 minutes out is actually an hour out and it will take the cherry pilot 10 attempts to land because of brownout which will be another 30 minutes. Blood carries "O's to the toes" not lactated ringers. STOP THE BLEEDING period or your going to have a mess on your hands!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote