View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 16:23   #40
Draco771
BANNED USER

Question Weight of the M4?

Question for those who operate the M4 etc...

I've noticed the SOPMOD has a crap load of accessories, are all of them actually needed?

What i mean is, the M4 already weighs roughly 7lbs...

And to my knowledge (and experience on this one) the more stuff you mount onto your M4, the more and more it weighs...

I've always been told best set-up, is an ACOG or Reflex, flashlight, front grip, and that was the max extent you go...

But from what I've noticed with the SOPMOD, there are a lot more things that are put onto the M4...

I have no experience using an M4 with anything else, other then the above listed items... So I have no experience witha ny of the other gadgets...

But is the extra weight actually worth it? And do all of the extra items really make the M4 that much better? NOT talking smack or anything, just wondering about the opinions of those on the board...

Because too my knowledge, it's possible to rack up an M4 to weigh around 30+lbs if enough accessories are added to it... (I've got a pic, I'll see if I can find it... But it essentially was a joke a friend sent me, it's of an M4, with an M203, front grip, five different kind of sniper scopes, two different types of ACOGs, bayonet, two different kinds of flashlights, and the list goes on.... I'll see if I can find it... But it is that pic that got me thinking....)
Draco771 is offline   Reply With Quote