View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 20:31   #31
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Congrats to the Tribe. I like Terry Francona so I hope they can keep the momentum into the post season.
Well, it took 'em 10 tonight but they're still rolling along, 22 now.

Couple days ago I was racking/stacking some Cubbie stuff from over the years, including all 7 score sheets from the Series last year (couple of those are a mess, lol, since I hadn't done that regularly since I was a kid). And I recalled how appropriate, as I learned more about the Indians, that those 2 teams were playing each other. I have a boatload of respect for Terry Francona and that is a very tiny club to be in, managing the team that holds the league record for consecutive wins. Damn good for him & for his team.

I do hate the current Wild Card format ("everybody's a winner" vs. continually climbing meritocracy). It would be criminal for stars to align that allowed someone like the Twins to win just the right 3 games against a team like Cleveland. The WC winner should play the lowest ranked division winner.[/rant]

Eh, better get packin' so I can go up north & have the Smallies make fun of me again.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote