View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 15:04   #24
booker
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFwarrior02 View Post
I was in northern Afghanistan with ODA 1962 when word of his passing was made known. It was two days prior to my 25th birthday. The vehicle he was accompanied to rding/driving in was almost identical to the model my TPT was operating in. His passing was a lessons learned moment concerning tactics, techniques, and procedures. We implemented lessons learned and as a result was able to provide a necessary adjust to security procedures in our future operations in theater. He was a wonderful guy from those who knew hime better than I. It is an honor to have known him through his peers. It would have been a further blessing to know him personally. His legacy was instrumental in accomplishing a similiar feat - His presence has been made known to all who inquire. His impact has been far reaching as well and gives hope to those who would be discouraged and those who voice begs to be freed from oppression no matter the plight life has had on them personally! God Bless this man, his family, and the 19th SFG (A) out of the great state of West Virginia!
SOF- you hit the nail on the head. I knew Gene from the civilian side, and he was held in high regard by those who had the pleasure of knowing him. I'm continually amazed by the sheer number of people who knew him or knew of him.