View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 16:14   #10
Xingu
Asset

I have just noticed this thread and I have never posted beyond my introduction on these forums. However, this is a thread that gives me cause to break my silence. I have spent most of my life in Rock Island. I am a firefighter and paramedic for Rock Island Fire Department currently.

I have had the honor of meeting Captain Albrecht and voted for him to take Mike Jacobs seat as Senator. I can tell you that no words can describe how strong and admirable this mans presence is. A true leader and quiet professional. My father who has known him far longer than I, informed me of his heroism and service in Vietnam after meeting him. I was only more astounded by the fact that until KWQC had covered his story that almost no one had heard of him other than a name on a political sign in the lawns of our community.

Even now, no matter how life deals its cards out I remember this story of Firebase Kate. It humbles me immensely, gives clarity to the chaos and evokes a fierce and determined sense of leadership. Let us hope to never be tested in such a way, but God grant us the ability to act as he did.