View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:44   #21
Joker
Quiet Professional

In the videos I watched, Taran did teach tactics. He taught the TTPs of competitive shooting. A competition gun is not a war gun or war system. Would I use my comp pin gun for home defense? If it is the first thing handy, yes, as that environment is nice and clean. Would I use that same pin gun and my old Safariland belt, holster, and mag carrier in a combat environment? Not on your life. I would have lost the pistol and mags upon landing during (pick your infill method, besides walking or an IPSC range "running") and could have taken the belt off and spanked the enemy.

Have someone grab those comp guns and deploy to pick a two-way-shooting range and get out of the FOB and come back and tell us how long he kept them without swapping them out or modifying them.

I had the benefit of receiving competitive shooting instruction and yes you can use some of the TTPs in the work environment -- upper body stance and grip and reloading, but other than that not too much. And it is great to be able to walk the terrain and see where each target is and dry fire on them (for a day in the vid) before you go hot. On one of my shoots I had to engage 20 plates and a Bowling pin (the finisher) and was consistent with 16 sec. runs (2 mag changes). They took me to a different range with same number of plates and pin with no "rehearsal" and I did not do so well. close to double the time. The big difference was on range A I new where the targets were and just concentrated on the front sight on range B I had to look for the target then transition to the front sights.

CAR and other competitive shooting TTPs does provide good entertainment at the movies. Maybe tha Gangtas can use them too.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote